Sunday 6 November 2016

Existing Businesses Need Business Plans Too!

I can never underestimate the value of a business plan! The Plan Writers’ business plan was what helped create a successful launch for my new business. The goal and metrics defined in the business plan helped keep the business on track and also enabled me to evaluate the success quotient down the line.

However, over the years the business plan got consigned to the lowest drawer of my desk and I never spared a thought for the same. I had casually assumed that once the business was up and running, there was no actual need for a business plan. The management was familiar with the objectives and I assumed that we were primed to drive the business towards growth.

Alas, it was only when things started going downhill that I woke up to my gross negligence. A thorough review made me realize the fact that the business needs to keep refining the priorities and strategies with an ongoing business plan!

Indeed, existing companies also require annual business plans to guide their growth and benchmark the progress accordingly. Studying the changing economic trends, market needs and business strengths/weaknesses will enable the business to proactively take advantage of emerging opportunities and also manage itself better. The plan can also be the key to assigning responsibilities, scheduling resources, allocating deadlines, defining budgets and managing the cash flow.

And who else will write my business plan but the efficient Plan Writers (Planwriters.net) team!

0 comments:

Post a Comment